Re-engeneering and Migration
In order to transform an enterprise into a tightly integrated portfolio of applications that work together seamlessly, re-engineering legacy systems and migrating to a new one almost becomes necessary. Software re-engineering provided by us can therefore have a huge impact.
Legacy systems bring with them a host of challenges in daily operations:
- Because a lot of these heritage systems use older technology, they do not benefit from the efficiency leaps made by modern technologies.
- They are expensive to maintain because of higher support costs (including infrastructure and licenses) and fewer developers with the know-how.
- Often, they do not have complete documentation, which makes bug fixes and change management a difficult task.
- They are difficult to integrate with newer technologies.
- It is difficult to create a mobile front-end
To top it all, more often than not, somebody like us has already built the same functionality you need in a faster, more intuitive and more secure application.
SITS can transform heritage software into high-performance, easy-to-use applications that are designed to respond quickly to changing business needs. Our offerings include:
Application Portfolio Technology Assessment
With due support from our clients, we analyze the entire enterprise application portfolio along with supporting platforms and develop an assessment report for current as well as forecasted business scenarios. We suggest changes or enhancements to the technology map based on quality, performance and maintainability indexes.
We enable organizations to deliver automated processes to their users in order to enable services in a way that positively influences the time and effort taken to perform daily tasks and activities. For this, we deconstruct the service into the following steps: Analyse, Plan, Design, Code and Test. This process of engineering allows us to provide users with efficient service enablement.
Modernization and Web Enablement
SITS excels at porting existing legacy applications and rewriting them in modern languages and technologies. Among other benefits, this allows them to be web-enabled and makes them ready for new age challenges and expectations.
SITS offers migration from a number of different platforms. We make sure that the process of moving from one operating environment to another is done in the most frictionless manner possible. SITS has been handling all kinds of migration be it a single system or a large scale system comprising of many systems and applications.
Enterprises need to have their infrastructure and data environment secure and updated. Legacy database management systems pose security and data integrity risks stemming from the lack of support when they are at the end of their life cycle. SITS helps migrate your database to new and more secure systems that have better architecture and superior security.
Legacy systems written in legacy languages need to be migrated to newer and modern programming languages as legacy languages are harder to maintain and support. SITS helps organizations undertake complex migrations in order to make your applications more efficient, secure and future-ready.
When we perform software reengineering your legacy applications and help you migrate to a more modern technology, we ensure that:
- your business processes are not impacted negatively,
- you operate with greater efficiency and productivity due to a modernized portfolio,
- you can adapt to new changes in business processes faster due to a more flexible application, and
- you continue to retain ownership over the intellectual property of the reengineered application.